It’s never been more important than now to choose Australian Made and support local jobs that deliver the improvement of access and inclusion in our community.
Hundreds of NDIS Participants across the country are now able to have access it to their own pool, with a Pelican or Kingfisher Pool Hoist. This essential equipment helps them:
- Enjoy family and social participation in the sunshine outdoors at home
- Enhance an environment where they can feel comfortable and have privacy
- Keep active and fit and moving on a day-to-day basis
- Use at any time of the day
- Enable Aqua Therapy at home
- Use independently, if able or desired
Para Mobility’s manufactured disability equipment is Australian Made. When you choose a Para Mobility solution, you are choosing one that is:
- Australian made and manufactured, Australian owned
- Made from Marine Grade stainless steel, built for harsh indoor and outdoor conditions
- Built and tested to Australian standards (AS 3581 AS 2569 AS/ANZ ISO 10525:2011)
- Meeting the standards of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) under the Building Code of Australia
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (ARTG) Registered
- NDIS Registered since 2014 (NDIS Item code: Assistive Technology | Hoists for Transfer Into/Out Of Pools/Adverse Environment)
- Made by a team with 37 years of experience, market leaders in aquatic disability products in Australia
Thousands of people around Australia rely on this equipment both at home and at their local Aquatic Centre, school, or hospital. Our equipment can be found at Gunyama Aquatic in Zetland, Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, Sea World on the Gold Coast, along with hotels such as the Crown Barangaroo Sydney, Ritz Carlton Perth & Westin Brisbane CBD, just to name a few.
Para Mobility has been leading the way in Australian Made and manufactured specialised disability equipment for the home, workplace, transport, exercise, leisure, or rehabilitation needs for the last 37 years.
Para Mobility was founded in 1983 to make everyday living easier for those who need accessibility solutions in their own homes, workplaces and communities and regularly support people who are temporarily injured in their rehabilitation, all the way through to Para Athletes and people in wheelchairs looking for more independence, along with NDIS Participants.
Para Mobility General Manager, Sally Farrow, says the company is proud to be one of few Australian Made and owned manufacturers in the disability sector. “We pride ourselves in listening to what our customers need to and subsequently design and manufacture patient lifting, mobility and access solutions that enable people with a disability more freedom and independence.”
This feature first appeared in Travel Without Limits magazine. You can subscribe here.