For many sun seekers, visiting the beach is the reason they go on holiday. The sight, sound, or smell of the ocean is the hallmark of relaxation for many of us – especially over the past few years. If you’re one of the many looking for a relaxing getaway, this list of TripAdvisor’s best beaches of 2022 is a good place to start planning.
The number one beach in the world this year (as determined by TripAdvisor travellers) is Grace Bay Beach in Turks and Caicos. With over 7,200 reviews to date, 90% of which are 5-bubble, this quintessential Caribbean paradise has travellers raving about its white sand and crystal clear water.
In the South Pacific, travellers have crowned a brand new winner for 2022: Turquoise Bay in Exmouth, Western Australia. It came in third on the worldwide best beach list. Also on the list is Cable Beach in Broome, which came in at eleventh.
TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches of 2022
- Grace Bay Beach – Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
- Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
- Turquoise Bay – Exmouth, Australia
- Quarta Praia – Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Eagle Beach Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, India
- Baia de Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Trunk Bay Beach – Virgin Islands National Park, US Virgin Islands
- Baia dos Golfinhos – Praia da Pipa, Brazil
- Spiaggia dei Conigli – Lampedusa, Italy
- Cable Beach – Broome, Australia
If you want to start checking TripAdvisor’s best beaches of 2022 off your bucket list, check out their websites for information on accessibility and inclusion.
You could also check out some of our favourite accessible beaches, as featured in Travel Without Limits:
- The Gold Coast’s Accessible Beaches
- Beach Getaways In Greece Just Got More Accessible
- Accessible Australian Beaches You Must Visit This Summer
- Sensory-Friendly Beach Holidays
This article first appeared in Travel Without Limits magazine. You can subscribe here.